Nutty Caramel Apples: Recipe
November 08, 2014
Nutty Caramel Apples
By Jenny Keller
Makes 12 apples
A classic fall treat: crisp, juicy apples mixed with nutty caramel. Customize these treats by exchanging the nuts for mini M&M’s, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, festive sprinkes or drizzle them with another flavor of chocolate. Perfect for Halloween or any autumn gathering!
Butter, For Pan
2 (9-Ounce) Bags Caramels, Unwrapped
4 Tablespoons Whole Milk
2 Cups Walnuts, Chopped
2 (12-Ounce) Package
Chocolate Candy Melts
YOU WILL NEED
12 Wooden Craft Or Popsicle
Jute Or Twine
1. Lightly butter a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Remove the stems and stick a wooden craft stick into the top of each apple.
3. Melt the caramel and milk in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments at 40% power for about 1½ minutes, stirring once as needed until smooth. Cool slightly for about 2 minutes.
4. Quickly dip and roll the apples in the caramel sauce until completely coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet until dry.
5. Melt the chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments at 40% power for about 1½ minutes, stirring as needed until smooth.
6. Dip the caramel apples in the melted chocolate about half way, then roll in the chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper. Tie the sticks with jute or twine bows.