How to stay fit while on ‘The Bachelor’
March 06, 2015
HEALTH + FITNESS
One question that I’m always asked about my time on The Bachelor is, “How did you stay in shape during filming?” You would think that a mansion, as big and beautiful as it was, would have some sort of gym room. NOT the case!
So, finding ways to get my workout in required some creativity. Luckily, there was a pretty steep hill that ran along the back of the house behind the pool area. This was usually where our runs or sprints took place. My workout buddies (usually Kacie B. and Des) and I would do a lap and mix that with a set of plyometrics. Here’s an example:
- Run one lap around the back of the house and sprint as fast as you can up the hill.
- 12 Push-ups
- 12 Jump squats
- 12 Burpees
Repeat this set about 4-5 times.
Some people brought their own workout gear. Kacie brought her TRX bands, so sometimes we used those for our workouts as well. When Katie Levans was in the house, she took us through some of her yoga routines.
As far as eating healthy, we had a constant grocery list going and we could choose what we wanted for snacks and meals. A few times a week, someone on staff would make a food run for us. Some of our favorite items were kale chips (Leslie Hughes would make a few batches each week for us) and we would make fresh fruit smoothies mixed with Kristy’s protein powder. Kacie and I would make breakfast for each other most mornings. My FAVORITE was her egg baked avocados. Yum! Here’s the recipe:
- Cut avocado in half, and remove the pit. Scoop out some of the avocado to make room for the egg.
- Crack your egg and place yolk with egg whites into the hole of the avocado. It’s easiest to do this with a spoon.
- Season with light salt and pepper
- Bake in the oven on 425 degrees for about 15 minutes