Bikini Boot Camp: Des’s Grocery List + Daily Diet
May 03, 2015
HEALTH + FITNESS
If you are following along with our 8 week Bikini Boot Camp then you are ready to jump start your way to a healthier lifestyle for Summertime! In order to get the results you want out of our boot camp or any workout for that matter, you must start with your diet and what you’re putting INSIDE your body.
Our daily meals and snacks play a huge part on the impact of our moods, energy levels, and progress of results. Today I am sharing my grocery list with you to print off, use, modify, or to just get a glimpse of how Chris and I eat healthy on a daily basis.
We enjoy eating dinners ‘in’ most of the time and tend to eat a fairly balanced meal each night. Check out what a typical list looks like when I go grocery shopping, along with some tips on how to eat healthy throughout the day.
*Try to choose organic meat and produce whenever possible.
TIPS that work for me:
- Squeeze lemon in your water to help with digestion
- Snack in between meals (my favorites: raw almonds or apple slices with almond butter)
- Bake or BBQ more chicken or meat to create easy to take lunches for work.
- Try not to eat later than 3 hours before bed
- Always eat breakfast! Jump start metabolism
MY DAILY DIET:
- Oatmeal or 2 eggs scrambled with half an avocado
- Apple slices with almond butter
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Raw almonds
- KIND bar
- Soups (Amy’s organic southwest vegetable or Wolfgang Puck’s organic hearty garden vegetable) *add half an avocado to soup
- Salad with avocado, dried cranberries, almonds, mushrooms, and vinaigrette dressing with leftover chopped up chicken.
- Chicken breast or fish, BBQ’d or baked, with sauteed mushrooms and zucchini (or steamed spinach). Side of couscous optional with a side salad.
- A piece of my favorite chocolate bar (Theo’s dark chocolate with salted almond bar) 😉 So good! Eating chocolate in moderation helps me curb any binge eating on desserts.
If there is anything else you would like to know, please ask in the comments below! I look forward to sharing more.