You’re Engaged – Now What?! Here’s What To Do Next…
The holidays bring out the best in our loved ones and with that may have come a proposal! If you’re rocking a new ring on your finger today than I’m sure you’re wondering… now what?
I think that is a question asked at least once by every newly engaged bride. Whether you have been planning your wedding since you were a little girl or barely thought about it, you are a new seed in this ever growing pot called the wedding industry and it’s hard to know where to begin. It’s not everyday that you plan a wedding so let me help you out with the basics.
- Enjoy your engagement and don’t let the planning put a damper on the joy you should feel with your new fiancé!
- Decide on a wedding date that will work for the both of you and stick to it.
- Start your venue search (ceremony and reception sites). This will dictate the rest of the details in planning and plays the most important role in guest capacity, pictures and the “look” you are going for. Make sure you fall in love with the location.
- Finding your dress will be the next important step since it can take up to 6 months for your dress to arrive after being ordered. An important fact that a lot of new brides aren’t aware of until it’s too late.
- The guest list is also a task that will need to be sorted out since that will make or break your budget and requires compromise.
- From your guest list I’m sure you already have a bridal party in mind, so go ahead and let your besties know that you would like them to take part in your wedding. The sooner they know, the sooner they can mentally prepare for the festivities, expenses, and traveling (if needed) to attend.
- Once your guest list is complete then you can send out your save the dates… usually a magnet or card for guests to put on their fridge and see your beautiful faces every morning.
- Now that you have those important things figured out.. you can fill in all the other pieces like flowers, bridesmaid dresses, DJ, invitations, photographer, videographer, musicians, baker, caterer, linens, menu, favors, and officiant.
- We don’t want to leave the groom or groomsmen naked so make sure they aren’t forgotten. It is best to make an appointment with your fiancé to try on suits or tuxes before bringing all of the other men into the mix.
- Last minute details such as table cards, programs and seating arrangements should be done at least 2 weeks prior to your wedding. I have seen too many stressed out brides because they still didn’t know where to place their guests and had last minute DIY programs to do. You have the time… if you use it wisely.
You will feel BEAUTIFUL as you walk down the aisle in ease, knowing that you did all you could to make your day perfect!
Congratulations and stay tuned for more tips and inspiration!
Photo: Brandon Kidd