Raise your hand if you’re like me and suffer from limp and lifeless locks?! Well, I’m here to tell you there are ways to make your thin hair look fuller and thicker than it actually is. Which is why I’ve teamed up with the pros over at Chromatique Salon, for their hair-thickening tips and tricks that will plump up your fine, thin hair!
Alright ladies, fuller strands are right this way…
1. Section the hair into 1/2” sections starting in the crown.
2. Spray a texturing spray (we used Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray) on the section and tease the section using a teasing comb by putting the comb in 1 to 2 inches and using a “c” motion push the hair into the root. Continue this motion starting above you last section. Then continue the teasing in the next 1/2” section going to the back of the crown.
3. Once you have teased the sections in the crown lightly brush the top layer of hair over to hide any of the back combing you have just done. Don’t brush too hard or you will pull out the volume you just put in!
4. Section the hair and clip out of the way. Starting in the front with a 1 1/4” barrel curling iron (we used GHD Curve Soft Curl Iron) curl the hair away from the face starting about 2-3 inches away from the scalp feed the hair into the barrel and turn until the ends are in the curling iron. Release curl after no longer than 10-15 seconds. Once curl is release try not to touch and let it cool until you are finished curling. Starting your curl at the base will add more volume to your curls! Continue curls going back towards the back of your neck rotating the curls towards and away from your face. This will give your hair more bounce instead of the curls sticking together.
5. Once you have completed the curls on the bottom section continue Step 4 until you have curled the whole head. Be sure keep the curls in the front always turned away from your face.
6. Using a blow dryer on cool setting cool down the curls to set them in (we used Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer).
7. Twist curls (about 1” sections) give a light tease in the bends of the curl to give the curls a little extra volume.
8. Finish with a light hold flexible hairspray. We used Oribe Freestyle Hairspray.
9. And voila! Voluptuous curls for any occasion
Follow @chromatiquesalon for daily makeup and hair inspiration.