Many girls (including myself) get very discouraged when attempting a winged liner. I mean, one wrong move and it’s more like black-eye than cat eye! But as with all things, practice makes perfect, and with these easy tricks I’ve learned you’ll be well on your way to swooping those winged liners like a pro! We’ve teamed up with Chromatique Salon to give you a step-by-step guide along with must-have products to achieve the perfect cat eye look.
1. Determine where you want the tail of the wing to start and end. Usually the most flattering is from the corner of the eye towards the end of the eyebrow (but not all the way to the brow).
2. Grab a small piece of Scotch tape and place in the corner of the eye angled towards the tail of the brow
3. Using an angled liner brush ( seen using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Angled Brush #12) and liner (Tarte tarteist clay paint liner in black, this one is my favorite since it is in a tube it doesn’t dry out) follow the line of the tape from the corner of the eye up to desired length of the wing. From the wing follow back to the center of the lid all the way to inner corner of the eye. Fill in any liner in between.
4. Carefully remove tape peeling from the corner of the eye up towards the brow.
5. To increase sharpness of the wing use the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and start at the corner of the eye and ‘flick’ outwards to the end of the wing following your original wing.
6. Using any concealer ( I prefer Tarte Shape Tape) and an angled concealer brush and clean line to increase sharpness of the wing and fix any mistakes.
Follow @chromatiquesalon for daily makeup and hair inspiration.