The holiday season is a-coming and there’s nothing like a bold red lip to get you in the merry mood! Red lips are a classic beauty staple this time of year, however it takes a bit of effort to achieve that perfect red pout. So we’ve teamed up with Chromatique Salon to give you a step-by-step guide along with must-have products to achieve the perfect red lip. Whether it’s date night with your boo, a night out with your girls, or your holiday work party, these steps will guarantee a look that won’t budge—even through mistletoe kisses!
1. Start by exfoliating and moisturizing the lips. We recommend using this Lip Scrubber to exfoliate and remove any lingering dead skin from your lips. Then apply the Oribe Balmessence Lip Treatment to moisturize.
2. Pick a color with the right undertone for your skin. A classic red lip usually has a blue undertone. Using your lip liner (we used MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo) start tracing the bottom lip following the natural lip line.
3. Trace the top lip starting at the corner and follow the natural lip line up to the cupids bow. Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Check to make sure lips are evenly traced before applying the lipstick.
5. Using a lip brush apply the lip color starting with the bottom lip (we used Oribe Beauty Lip Lust Lipstick in ‘The Red’). Smoosh lips together and fill in color onto the top lip.
6. Use a concealer with a small concealer brush to cover any mistakes and sharpen the lip line. Now go pout those beautiful red lips!
Follow @chromatiquesalon for daily makeup and hair inspiration.