Think of your wedding venue as a long-term relationship! It’s one of the very first things you check off of your wedding to-do list and you’ll be in constant contact with your venue’s staff right up until the big day. So before you sign on the dotted line to book yours, make sure its the best fit and that the two of you will get along for the next several months or so! Here all the questions you need to ask before committing.
1. How many people can this venue accommodate?
2. Do you have any other weddings scheduled on the day I am interested in? Will you reserve the entire day for my wedding or is there the possibility of other weddings or events occurring at the same time?
3. What is the deposit? When is the total amount due?
4. What is your cancellation policy?
5. When it comes to styling the venue, can I move the existing decor around? What is your policy about candles, wall hangings, and things like runners or flower petals sprinkled on the ground?
6. When can we access the venue on the wedding day? Is it possible to do some of the setup on the day before?
7. Do you have an on-site coordinator? What can I expect her to help with?
8. What do you do for temperature control? If its warm, will there be air conditioning? Is there a Plan B in case of rain? If its cold, are there heat lamps?
9. What does the venue provide? Tables? Linens? Silverware? Glasses? Chairs and chair covers/sashes?
10. What is the food and beverage costs per person? Are there any extra taxes or hidden fees?
11. When can we schedule a food tasting? Is that included or does it cost extra?
12. Can I bring in an outside caterer? Can I use the venue’s food services but bring in my own cake?
13. Can I supply my own alcohol? Is there a corkage fee? Can it be stored at the proper temperatures prior to being served?
14. Do you have an alcohol license? Do you charge per person or for the entire night for drink services? Are there bar minimums or extra fees for bar staff?
15. Am I renting the venue for the full night or a set number of hours? How much time is factored in for setup and cleanup?
16. Are there noise restrictions?
17. Can I hire my own vendors or am I limited to a Preferred Vendors list?
18. How many restrooms are there?
19. What is the parking situation? Is there ample parking for everyone? Do you offer or refer to a shuttle service or valet service if not?
20. Are there any fees if we go over our time?
21. Are there any restrictions for the photographer regarding flash photography?
22. When is the last day to make changes to my contract?
23. Is there a coat check available?
24. Is the venue handicap accessible?
25. Do you have the emails for other clients who have gotten married at the venue so I can get references from them?
Like the answers to all these questions? Then you’ve probably found the wedding venue for you! Sign the contract (and just make sure you get a copy)!
Bridal Attire The White Flower Bridal Boutique//Catering Inn at Rancho Santa Fe//Coordinator Nicole George Event Planning & Design//Desserts Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.//DJ Songstruck Weddings & Events//Florals Organic Elements//Groom’s Attire Bobobos//Hair Stylist Audra Rene Studio//Lighting Audra Rene Studio//Makeup Juna Beauty//Officiant Vows from the Heart Ministries//Photography Acqua Photo//Rentals Inn at Rancho Santa Fe//Rentals (Linens) Concepts Event Design//Rentals (Tables) Stecklair Rentals//Signage Twinkle & Toast//Stationary Whimsique Invitations//Transportation Rolls Livery//Ceremony Venue Inn at Rancho Santa Fe//Reception Venu Inn at Rancho Santa Fe