Katie and Michael had their wedding equation down long before their special day: garden + shabby chic + rustic = beautiful bliss. And beautiful bliss it was! With flower crowns, sequined linens, and blue bridesmaids dresses, this wedding epitomized romance–and the rustic elements, like hand painted signs and chippy lanterns, added loads of personality.
Shabby Chic Wedding Checklist
1. Think refined meets quirky imperfections. A sign-in table featuring chipped paint and rusted vessels will give your decor a sense of history.
2. Pick a boho dress. A slim silhouette in lace or lighter-than-air crepe silk will be breathtakingly fanciful. Pair with a flower crown, of course!
3. Mix in some glam details. Distressed items are stunning next to trendier pieces. For example, this couple’s sweetheart table has an upholstered chair and is covered in a rose gold sequined tablecloth. Next to the venue’s exposed wood beams, it’s picture perfect.
4. Be relaxed with your bouquet and floral centerpieces. Katie’s bouquet has an organic feel to it with vines falling loosely from it. The unstructured style is 100% shabby chic rustic.
5. Add a motif. Katie and Michael’s wedding had a nautical theme woven discreetly throughout (we love how you’d almost miss it if you weren’t looking for it). Since shabby chic is more informal, a playful or unique motif can be easily added!
Photographer: Sun & Sparrow Photography//Event Planner: A Touch of Lavender//Jewelry:BHLDN//Event Venue: Calamigos Ranch Malibu//Tuxedo and Mens Attire:Express//Cake Designer: Hansens Cakes//Bridesmaid Dresses: Jenny Yoo//Dress Designer:Katie May Bridal//Makeup Artist: Nicol Artistry//DJ: Ovation Entertainment//
Submitted via Two Bright Lights