Last night was one of my absolute favorite times of the year..OSCAR night! Obviously mainly because I just love seeing what hairstyles the celebs are rocking. And if you’re ever curious about what hair trends are the new upcoming styles, this is the award show to watch to find out! I am going to break down a few of my favorite hairstyles of the night, plus do a tutorial on my absolute favorite look of the night! (Bonus: this style is the PERFECT bridal style).
Favorite Looks of the Night
Modern Upstyle on Daisy Ridley:
With the sleek straight ends left out on this updo we were definitely channeling NYFW. To create this look slick hair back into two ponytails one on top of the other. Leaving about 1 inch in between the two elastics. Twist the hair in the top ponytail and begin to create a bun around the elastic. Pin the ends right above the second elastic. Do the same with the second ponytail, but this time leave about 1-2in. of the ends out and the bottom.
Sophie Turner’s Sleek Waves
I am in love with the simplicity of this hair. To achieve this look- using a 1 ¼ in. curling iron or wand. Wrap hair starting at the roots around iron holding out about an inch at the ends. Once all hair is curled, tuck one side back behind your ear, and using a wide toothcomb, comb out the curls creating a soft wave. Use a finishing crème and hairspray to polish off this glam look!
Olivia Wilde’s Braided Upstyle
Lastly, my absolute favorite look of the night, Olivia Wilde’s braided upstyle! It was so simple yet so elegant. And best of all, it is so easy to recreate. See below on how I broke down this trending Oscar hairstyle!
How To Braided Upstyle:
- Side part hair and section of the hair on either side of the head in front of the ears.
- Starting on the side with more hair, begin braiding (dutch 3 strand braid) from the part all the way back to the center of the back of the head. Clip to secure.
- Repeat braid on the other side of the part.
- Split the hair in back of the head in two. Three strand braid the two sections.
- Wrap the two braids in back around each other to create a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
- Add in the two side braids by wrapping around the bun. Secure with bobby pins.
- Finish off with your favorite strong hold hairspray!
Share your Olivia Wilde Oscar Upstyle recreation with us on instagram by tagging @desireehartsock_blog and @blohaute
Amanda // @blohaute