If there is anything that I learned while being on ‘The Bachelor’ the first time around was that ‘less is not more’. To pack for an uncertain number of weeks and for unknown locations, the more you bring the more you have to choose from. I made the mistake of packing ‘light’ and only bringing what was in my closet. I didn’t get the memo that girls actually go out and shop for every dress and outfit they plan to wear! Haha. I was clueless.
Anyways, I did learn a lot and still felt confident in the things I did bring. However, if I had a do-over, this is how I would pack my bags…
The First Impression Dress: This was easy for me since I made my own dress, but I can see how girls have a hard time figuring out what to wear. Do I want to be sexy? Classy? Cocktail attire? Evening gown? Sequins? No sequins? What color is best? And so on.1.) Adrianna Papell Embellished Gown 2.) Krisa Cross back Maxi Dress// 3.) Laundry Beaded panel one shoulder // 4.) Herve Leger Gown // 5.) ASOS sequin maxi dress // 6.) BCBG Cut Out Gown
How to decide:
- The style/ silhouette that looks best on you is going to be your winning ticket. If you’re not sure, ask an honest friend.
- Show off your best assets! If you have long legs, then maybe a hi-low or shorter dress is for you. If you have a nice toosh, then a fitted gown will get the Bachelor’s attention. However the best advice for wearing a dress is if you’re going to be sexy on top, then keep it classy on bottom and vice-versa. You’re not going to the club.. You may be meeting your new love!
- Wear a color that suits your coloring (hair and skin tone). Fair skin= softer shades of blue or metallics. Darker/ olive skin= jewel tones.
- Be comfortable. That dress is going to be on you for a very long time and in an uncomfortable situation so make sure you feel confident and comfortable.
Rose Ceremony Dresses: These dresses for each rose ceremony are very important. This is where the man you’re after gets to see you in different looks and maybe catch his attention even more.
What to pack:
- 1 Black Dress (more for the dates- see below)
- 1 sequin, beaded or metallic dress
- 1 flirty style – not fitted
- 1 Go-to dress (your favorite)
- 1 colored dresses (stand out!)
- 2 tropical location dresses/ maxi dresses
- 1 Dress suitable for colder weather
Date Night Dresses/ Outfits: I found out pretty quickly that I didn’t pack enough for the night time portions of the dates, so below is how you don’t make that same mistake. If you go on a date every week, then a night time outfit/ dress is a must!
What to pack:
- 2 LBD’s. Black is flattering on every shape and is the perfect touch for a one-on-one date.
- 1Edgy outfit: (your style) Leather pants with printed blouse or skirt with leather jacket.
- 1 Warm outfit: Sweater or long sleeve blouse, jeans, jacket, boots,
- 1 ‘Going-out’ Outfit: Jeans or skirt, heels or booties, cute top/ tank
- 1 date appropriate dress (any color, style)
- 2 other Tropical location dresses for date
Daytime Dates: Often times these dates can be active and require some movement so don’t spend too much time on what to bring for the daytime dates because comfort will be more important.
What to pack: (2 of each)
- Daytime dresses
Lace Trim Sweater // Pink Sweater // Printed Day Dress // Denim // Shorts // Burgundy Tank // White Print Tank // White Tory Burch Sandal // Nude Cage Wedge Sandal // Black and White Sweater // Pink Cutout Tank
Other items that are a MUST!:
- 3-5 Swimsuits or my favorite is mix and match pieces
- 1 cover-up or wrap
- 1 scarf
- 1 lightweight jacket (can always layer to stay warmer)
- Loungewear for around the house: shorts/ tee’s/ sweats/ leggings
Shoes: Shoes take up so much space in a bag, not to mention they weigh it down. To make it easy only pack the following.
- 1 Black Heel
- 1 Nude Heel
- 1 Black bootie
- 1 Tan/ Brown boot
- 1 wedge sandal (nude/ tan is best)
- 2 sandals
- Sneakers or active shoes (Chucks, Toms,etc)
- Slippers (around the house)
Hair & Makeup: As a girl on ‘The Bachelor’ you have to take care of your own hair and makeup so make sure you have all the necessities. Check out Cassandra’s First night makeup tips HERE and the list of items needed below.
- Mascara or Lash extensions!
- An eyeshadow palette with a variety of shades (I love my Stila Palette)
- A good natural foundation (I love Armani Luminous Silk– it’s incredible!)
- A few lipstick shades (MAC has some amazing shades)
- Oil blotters are great for on camera – if you are known to get oily then they are a must!
Well, now you are all set to take the journey of a lifetime and see where it takes you! If you aren’t quite planning on going on ‘The Bachelor’, I hope this list helps you narrow down your packing for any long trips you may be taking in the future.