We are back! Did I say that last week? You may be wondering what this week with Chris (me) will bring. You may be on the edge of your seats wanting to read more. You may not be! But, I assure you if you read down you will build up an appetite for more corner’s to come…
Are you a girl who wishes her significant other would cook a little more? Yep I came right out and said it. Why isn’t the guy cooking? Shouldn’t he be? Every once in a while? There is nothing wrong with pushing the envelope a little bit and calling, texting or speaking from the other room and just saying “Hey honey, I am challenging you to a cook off this week.” Or “Would you like to make dinner this week for me?”
Every guy needs to know how to cook…something…anything for his lady. Not only does it strengthen your relationship, unless you burn the food. It is a sense of accomplishment and makes you feel good to see your lady happy with what you put together for her. If you’ve been with your man for a while, then he should know what you like and vice-versa. I am not sure what foods YOU like, but this is what I am recommending for the weekend. Try it if you dare. Challenge your significant other to make it. You know what would be really cute? Draw up a really nice menu with all of the ingredients he would need to make the food and place it somewhere for him to read. Make sure you offer him something as well. Maybe dessert?
Dinner for Two:
Tomatoes and Mozzarella with Basil
– use olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper to add some flavor!
– 2 tomatoes. 2 Mozzarella balls. Basil leaves. You Get the picture.
Sweet butter browned Rib Eye.
– Turn your oven on to broil high.
– In a pan, melt butter and brown sugar together.
– Throw the steak (or steaks) in the pan and lightly sear them. Make sure all of the sauce gets on every edge of the steak.
– Take a baking dish and place the steak (or steaks) in it then pop it in the oven.
I’m not sure how you like your steak, but let’s use about medium for this dish. Adjust accordingly
– Cook the steaks for about 8 minutes on one side. Flip over, then cook for about 6 minutes on the other.
Grilled Asparagus, Mushrooms and Pineapple (while the steak is cooking)
– Cut up 6 asparagus, a handful of mushrooms and half a pineapple and sauté them in a pan on the stove.
– Again, you can use either water or olive oil as the base, but just a small amount.
– Cook the vegetables to the degree of crunchiness you like.
I am not Chef Boyardee, but this is what I would do. If you don’t like steak, well this isn’t for you but maybe for your friend?
Thanks for stopping by the corner and be sure to check out and LIKE the new Facebook page we have up for ‘Diamonds and Hearts’.
I think it would be cool to make this an interactive Facebook page where people can submit poetry to me and we can share it with everyone! Soo…submit poetry and watch it get posted!
Over and out,